DTV Specific Programming
From C64 DTV Hacking Wiki
The DTV includes several features which extend the capabilities of the original Commodore C64.
 DTV Hardware features
 Articles on DTV Features
- Blitting Benchmarks between the DMA, the Blitter, the burst mode and classic C64 blitting methods
- TODO: Playing 8 bits audio sample using DTV SID additional registers
- TODO: Implementing stable symmetric overscan
- TODO: Display a 16 colors picture in FRED mode
 Programming Documentation
 For DTV1
- DTV Registers Full - the definitive reference by Jeri Ellsworth herself.
 For DTV2/DTV3
- DTV2/3 Programming guide - the definitive reference, originally written by Jeri Ellsworth herself.
- DTV2/3 Reference Schematic (PDF)
- Segment Mapper Tutorial, revC (PDF) Explores techniques for accessing extended RAM & ROM. (by gmoon)
 General C64 Docs
- All About Your 64 - opcodes, memory maps, chip specifications, commented ROM listings, nicely interlinked.
- The MOS 6567/6569 video controller (VIC-II) and its application in the Commodore 64 by Christian Bauer
- Docs (mirrored) by Fairlight
 Programming Tools
 6510 Assemblers
- Turbo Assembler with native support of DTV opcodes
- Turbo Macro Pro - Assembler for 6510/DTV originating from the Omikron Turbo Assembler series
- DTVMON - DTV specific machine language monitor originating in HesMon and CCSMON
 6510 Cross-Assemblers
- Kick Assembler - a novel cross-assembler for 6502/6510/DTV. Java. No source available.
- xa and dxa - xa assembler and dxa disassembler written in portable C. GPL. DTV support pending.
- Dasm - a 6502 cross-assembler written in portable C. Source included. No DTV support. Last update in 2004.
- Acme, TAss, CA65, C64Asm
- 6502 Cross-Development Languages and Tools List - BIG list of cross-dev tools, compiled by Daniel Fandrich
- World of Fairlight - Fairlight's Tools, everything plus the kitchen sink
 IDE (PC)
- Any good text editor with syntax highlighting and Run command line capabilities (to call the cross-assembler)
 Other Programming Languages
- cc65 is a complete cross development package for 65(C)02 systems, including a powerful macro assembler, a C compiler, linker, librarian and several other tools. No specific DTV support as of June 2007.
- DTVBASIC - A BASIC extension for the DTV, by Grokk. Includes RAMdisk and DMA support.
 C64DTV Emulators
- VICEplus features C64DTV emulation.
 Other tools
- VSFReanimator converts a VICE snapshot (.vsf) to a .prg file that can be started on the DTV.
 65xx Documentation
- 6502.org - a resource for people interested in building hardware or writing software for the 6502 microprocessor and its relatives